Friday, February 8, 2008

Introducing Flying Saucers Cafe and Art Gallery!

Welcome to the official blog of Flying Saucers, located at 306 Pico Blvd. in Santa Monica, CA!


Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Ryan MacLeod Morris, professional musician/painter/paranormal enthusiast and coffee and tea junkie! I guess you can add businessman to the list now, because I'm striking out on my own and opening the coffee house/art gallery of my dreams (or nightmares, depending on how the next 6 months pan out!).

The mission of Flying Saucers is simple; promote and sell artwork of the best painters Los Angeles has to offer (I know some great ones), while serving an amazing selection of organic coffee and tea. Hopefully in the process, a little awareness of the weird world of UFOlogy will be poured into the minds of the unsuspecting citizens of Santa Monica. Don't get me started on the UFO thing unless you are ready for a passionate history lesson on the subject. Seriously.

My experience with the coffee business goes back over ten years, when I took my first "real" job (that wasn't gardening or sprinkler repair) at the amazing Palo Alto Cafe in Palo Alto, CA working for Keyvan Kermanshahi doing a lot of dishes, serving customers, and helping him roast coffee on Wednesdays on his huge Franciscan coffee roaster. I had a lot of great experiences at the PA Cafe under Keyvan, and it planted the seeds for what would become a important part of my strange and multi-pronged career.. which has included playing in various rock/metal/prog bands, painting gigantic portraits of a couple of C-List celebrities dogs and cats, joining a paranormal investigations team, and running the #1 most profitable and fastest growing Coffee Bean location in the company! That was a priceless experience that led to me taking the leap to open my own gallery/cafe.

Sound strange? It's bound to get stranger. Thanks for reading!

-Ryan

7 comments:

Unknown said...

dear Ryan,

For french website bestbuzz.fr, please can you confirm that your famous vid
is for promoting your art gallery and that uforadar is just another of your
passion ?

Cinezombi (Will Sanders) said...

Is this Viral Marketing for a movie because the Cafe doesn't seem to exist? Or at least the number is disconnected.

brittany said...

I'm a painter! I'd love to show my work if you approve. I'm really near you in WLA. Check my site: www.brittanyklarkowski.com

Tanya Starcevich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya Starcevich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya Starcevich said...

On my way down for a sip of java

Joanne said...

Hi,
I'm a local photographer and saw the article in the Santa Monica Mirror about your cafe/gallery.

Please consider my art work for display at your business.

http://www.joannemanzellaphoto.com/gallery_proj_cars.php

You may use the Contact form on my website if you have any questions.

thanks,

Joanne