Friday, February 15, 2008

Painting today

Cool, I've secured a 11' ladder (not easy to do when you drive a 2 seater) and I'm going to paint the facade today. The issue with the facade is that it's all brick (a good thing) but it's been painted a horrible bright red color (a bad thing). Short of somehow sandblasting off the paint, which would surely include sandblasting the skin off my forearms, I've decided to paint it as close to "real" brick color as possible.. and do a little faux weathering on it to make it look proper. After then, the flower pots come and the clinging ivy gets planted, which will eventually cover most of the front anyway. No coffee house is perfect unless it has ivy covered brick as a facade!


So I found a great color, and a gray color for the grout (yes, I have to paint the grout too for full effect) and I'm getting down and dirty today.


Now the skin on my forearms will just be red from paint, not from being sandblasted off!


pics to come..


-Ryan

No comments: